SoftWLC is a software package designed to operate on a wireless access network using Wi-Fi Technology. SoftWLC controller performs a wide range of challenges in the HotSpot area organization and authorization of users according to the local security requirements. It is a flexible and convenient tool to monetize Wi-Fi services and provide quality service under the operator's control. The complex provides a single interface for all Wi-Fi network management operations. The high flexibility of the solution provides organization of Enterprise level peer network with a basic set of services as well as complex solutions with hierarchical management of carrier-grade. There are also hybrid circuit applications.
The complex consists of
- Сontrol and monitoring system
- WEB-server for Hotspot service implementation (CaptivePortal)
- DHCP server to issue addresses for access points and Wi-Fi users
- RADIUS-server for authentication, authorization, and statistics collection
Key features of SoftWLC
- Access points configuration, including group policies
- Wi-Fi clients configuration, including group policies
- Access points monitoring, including selective interfaces and parameters
- Displaying the current status of all network Wi-Fi customers
- Statistics of the network: traffic, sessions, device types, and so on.
- Collection of service and emergency information
- Network failures alerts
- Debug information
- Flexible system of personnel rights (roles, users)